Vacancy for a Town Councillor
A vacancy for a Town Councillor has arisen on Tuxford Town Council.
There is currently 4 vacancies.
If you would like to know more about becoming a Councillor please speak to any of the existing Councillors – contact details are available in any of the Town Council noticeboards (located inside The Beeches Community Centre, Car Park of the Sun Inn, Lincoln Road outside The Old Grammar School and on the side wall of the butchers) or on the council website:
If you are keen to join the Town Council, please read the small print below and then if you are eligible, please submit an expression of interest to the clerk before 15 November 2019.
Email: email@example.com or deliver to Clare Fox, Town Clerk, The Beeches Community Centre, Birch Court, Tuxford, Nottinghamshire, NG22 0NF
Your statement only needs to be brief but please include a little about yourself, why you want to become a Councillor and what you think you can bring to the council.
The Councillors will select a candidate during the next Full Council meeting on the 21 November 2019 at The Beeches Community Centre at 7pm. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the council immediately and take part in the rest of this meeting.
The Small Print!
To become a Town Councillor, you must:
- Be a UK or commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the republic of Ireland, or a citizen of another Member State of the European Union;
- Be at least 18 years old.
To be eligible to join Tuxford Town Council, you must;
- Be an elector in the parish of Tuxford, or;
- For the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in Tuxford parish, or;
- During the previous 12 months have worked in Tuxford parish (as your principle or only place of work), or;
- For the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish of Tuxford or within three miles of the parish boundary.
You don’t have to be connected to a political party.
If you do become a Town Councillor you will have to sign up to the Code of Conduct.